A Note to YAC Applicants
We are incredibly excited and grateful to be hosting our 2022 Summer Leadership Conference in person once again! While we certainly enjoyed spending time with you all both virtually in 2020 and in a hybrid format in 2021, we are planning to return to YMCA Camp Mason for our full conference of four nights and five days this August. While this is our current plan, it is important for us to acknowledge that things can change based on the world around us. We will do our best to keep you all informed of any possible changes to the conference if they do arise.
Members of the Youth Advisory Council (YAC) are a vital part of the success of the Lindsey Meyer Teen Institute. YACs are individuals who have previously attended LMTI and serve as leaders and role models for current participants. YACs undergo an extensive interview, application, and training process to make them into the TI experts they are. So much of the success of LMTI depends on the youth staff. Each year we select individuals from throughout the state to serve as YACs.
Some responsibilities of a YAC include….
• Remaining alcohol, tobacco, and other drug free
• Appreciating and promoting diversity
• Promoting a drug free lifestyle to others
• Being a role model
• Assisting with group facilitation (Action Group and Process Group)
• Assisting with cabin chaperoning duties
• Representing your community and Action Group in a proper manner
• Undergoing 4 mandatory training sessions for preparation (two virtual, two in person)
• Attending all days of LMTI Summer Leadership Conference
***ALL participants (including YACs) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to participate in the 2022 Summer Leadership Conference. Participants must also provide a negative COVID-19 test result prior to the start of camp (LMTI is happy to assist with free vaccine and testing resources). If you are not/cannot be vaccinated by the SLC, you can still be a YAC and participate during our virtual conference trainings, preparation and other components.
Contact us if you have any questions!
LMTI Senior Training Coordinator